US President Donald Trump posted a video on his social media handles showing what he claimed was an American airstrike that killed dozens of Houthi fighters in Yemen.
The black-and-white footage appeared to have been filmed from a drone or military aircraft and shows a group of people gathered near a road, marked by a targeting crosshair.
Moments later, a large explosion is seen, sending up thick smoke. The video then cuts to wider aerial shots of the blast site, nearby vehicles, and a crater left by the strike.
Trump captioned the post: “These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!” He added, “They will never sink our ships again!”
This week, Houthi officials and media outlets have reported multiple deaths in dozens of strikes that they blamed on the United States. The Iranian-backed group has said its strikes on commercial and military vessels are a response to Israel’s ongoing military operations in Gaza.
According to Houthi-affiliated media, US airstrikes in the past week alone have killed at least 67 people across the country. Multiple strikes have targeted key areas including Hodeida, Saada, Sanaa, and Hajjah, with four people reportedly killed at a water project site in Hodeida’s Mansuriyah District.
The US military has not confirmed whether any senior Houthi leaders have been killed, though messages from leaked Signal conversations and public comments from Trump administration officials suggest a figure from the rebel group’s missile command was among the targets.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said Tuesday, “Iran is incredibly weakened as a result of these attacks, and we have seen they have taken out Houthi leaders.”
"They've taken out critical members who were launching strikes on naval ships and on commercial vessels and this operation will not stop until the freedom of navigation in this region is restored."
She also confirmed that more than 200 strikes had been carried out on Tuesday alone.
The Pentagon also announced further deployments to the region, including additional squadrons and A-10 Thunderbolt IIs from the Idaho Air National Guard. Over 300 airmen from Idaho’s 124th Fighter Wing have now joined the campaign.
The black-and-white footage appeared to have been filmed from a drone or military aircraft and shows a group of people gathered near a road, marked by a targeting crosshair.
Moments later, a large explosion is seen, sending up thick smoke. The video then cuts to wider aerial shots of the blast site, nearby vehicles, and a crater left by the strike.
Trump captioned the post: “These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!” He added, “They will never sink our ships again!”
These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 4, 2025
They will never sink our ships again! pic.twitter.com/lEzfyDgWP5
This week, Houthi officials and media outlets have reported multiple deaths in dozens of strikes that they blamed on the United States. The Iranian-backed group has said its strikes on commercial and military vessels are a response to Israel’s ongoing military operations in Gaza.
According to Houthi-affiliated media, US airstrikes in the past week alone have killed at least 67 people across the country. Multiple strikes have targeted key areas including Hodeida, Saada, Sanaa, and Hajjah, with four people reportedly killed at a water project site in Hodeida’s Mansuriyah District.
The US military has not confirmed whether any senior Houthi leaders have been killed, though messages from leaked Signal conversations and public comments from Trump administration officials suggest a figure from the rebel group’s missile command was among the targets.
White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said Tuesday, “Iran is incredibly weakened as a result of these attacks, and we have seen they have taken out Houthi leaders.”
"They've taken out critical members who were launching strikes on naval ships and on commercial vessels and this operation will not stop until the freedom of navigation in this region is restored."
She also confirmed that more than 200 strikes had been carried out on Tuesday alone.
The Pentagon also announced further deployments to the region, including additional squadrons and A-10 Thunderbolt IIs from the Idaho Air National Guard. Over 300 airmen from Idaho’s 124th Fighter Wing have now joined the campaign.
You may also like
'File closed for us': Sanjay Raut says Shiv Sena (UBT) won't move Supreme Court against Waqf Bill
MS Dhoni's parents attend CSK match at Chepauk, Ziva- Sakshi cheer him up despite loss to KL Rahul's Delhi Captains
Manipur: Tripartite talks between Meitei, Kuki-Zo, MHA remain 'inconclusive'
'Laapataa Ladies' writer Biplab Goswami refutes plagiarism accusation, says film is "100% original"
'I'm from US – I was gobsmacked by how different Easter eggs are in the UK'